We're hiring a part-time community and events coordinator!
We are looking for a part-time Community and Events Coordinator to foster community and coordinate events at Freelancers Hub, a new training center to provide entrepreneurial skills to creative freelancers in New York City. The ideal candidate will be familiar with NYC’s creative community, and someone who can help us deliver educational events for freelancers as we continue to grow our community.
Freelancers Union is an innovative nonprofit representing 450,000 independent workers across the United States. We support our members with advocacy and education, including the landmark Freelance Isn’t Free law, the first-of-its-kind Freelancers Hub, community-based local SPARK meetups, and the #1 blog for freelancers in the country.
Want to know more? Check out the full position description below:
- Supervise a community coworking space, build positive relationships with the freelancer community, identify community leaders, and leverage member insights to improve member resources
- Support the Hub team in coordinating events, organizing logistics, and coordinating with experts, attendees, and partners to ensure events run smoothly
- Host and supervise weekly events, representing Freelancers Hub and welcoming members into the space
- Coordinate program evaluations and member check-ins, documenting event attendance, and producing accurate and timely reporting for Freelancers Hub programming
- Ensure that members are checked in for coworking, events, and workshops; walking them through the resources and amenities that are available within the space
- Part-time position, approximately 24-30 hours per week with flexible hours during our regular operating hours (9am-5pm), as well as some evenings (5pm-9pm)
- 1-2 years experience in producing events, community management, or working in a similar field
- Passionate about working with creatives and building connections with our community
- Warm and engaging interpersonal skills; able to represent Freelancers Union’s brand
- Well-organized and detail-oriented, with an eye for ensuring an excellent member experience
How to apply
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Freelancers Union is an equal opportunity employer, which actively seeks to build and maintain a diverse staff with regard to race, culture, ethnicity, class, religion, physical ability, age, gender, and sexual orientation. We strongly encourage people from diverse communities and backgrounds to apply.