We’re looking for a Marketing Manager who will drive online and in-person engagement to Freelancers Hub, a new training center to provide entrepreneurial skills to creative freelancers in New York City.
Your responsibilities will include managing Freelancers Hub’s communications calendar, developing campaigns to promote Hub events and grow Hub online community, creating original content for Hub social media channels, and reporting on growth and engagement metrics. You will also be assisting the team with events production.
You should be well-organized, extremely detail-oriented, and have a strong understanding of the NYC creative entrepreneur community and a knack for producing highly engaging content.
Want to know more? Check out the full position description below:
- Manage a rigorous calendar of communications in order to drive event attendance, coworking reservations and grow social channels
- Draft and copywrite all marketing communications for the program: web and email copy, social media, and blog posts, and produce flyers, brochures, and other print materials
- Generate and implement social campaigns and other content strategies to build engagement in the program to meet strategic growth targets
- Establish marketing partnerships with other community organizations in order to promote Freelancers Hub to a diverse group of freelancers across the city
- Build positive relationships with the community at Freelancers Hub, leveraging member insights to identify new content areas and strategies to improve member resources
- Analyze program and outreach metrics, reporting weekly to provide insights and measure results against strategic goals
- 3+ years experience in communications, social media, and community building
- Experience and prior knowledge of data analytics and social media metrics for growth and benchmark setting
- Passionate about working with creative entrepreneurs and building connections with members of the Freelancers community
- Well-organized and detail-oriented, with strong copyediting and project management skills
- Creative thinker and writer, with an affinity for the NYC creative community
- Warm and engaging customer service skills; able to meet and greet Freelancers Hub members cheerfully, effectively lead meetings, and represent Freelancers Union’s brand
How to apply
This is a full-time position offering competitive pay and a generous benefits package. The position is funded by a grant from the City of New York. To apply, please email your resume, cover letter, two writing samples, and relevant social media links to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Freelancers Union is an equal opportunity employer, which actively seeks to build and maintain a diverse staff with regard to race, culture, ethnicity, class, religion, physical ability, age, gender, and sexual orientation. We strongly encourage people from diverse communities and backgrounds to apply.