Are you a talented Accounts Payable Specialist/Bookkeeper, looking to work on a part-time basis? Come join our Finance team. The Accounts Payable Specialist will manage payables for both nonprofit and for-profit entities within the organization and support the CFO in coordinating some bookkeeping activities. The ideal candidate will have solid written and verbal communication skills and be able to work in a collaborative environment.
Freelancers Union is an innovative nonprofit representing over 450,000 independent workers across the United States. We support our members with advocacy, education, and services, including a national benefits platform, the landmark Freelance Isn’t Free law, and the #1 blog for freelancers in the country. Our office is in DUMBO, the first stop into Brooklyn on the A, C, or F subway lines.
Want to know more? Check out the full position description below:
- Sort, verify, and process all invoices for payment
- Reconcile vendor statements; researching and contacting appropriate parties concerning discrepancies
- Bookkeeping responsibilities include preparing bank deposits; electronically transmit deposits, reconciliation of credit card statements on a monthly basis
- Assist in creating efficiencies in the AP process where possible
- Exercise a high degree of detail orientation to maintain all AP and bookkeeping documentation
- Part-time position, approximately 12-16 hours per week with flexible hours during our regular operating hours
- 2 years experience in bookkeeping (Quickbooks experience desirable)
- Well-organized and detail-oriented, with an ability to work independently, and produce accurate work in a timely manner
- Knowledge of accounts payable best practices is desired
- Passionate about supporting a mission-driven team to improve the lives of independent workers
How to apply
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Freelancers Union is an equal opportunity employer, which actively seeks to build and maintain a diverse staff with regard to race, culture, ethnicity, class, religion, physical ability, age, gender, and sexual orientation. We strongly encourage people from diverse communities and backgrounds to apply.