Are you an innovative and forward-thinking content strategist with at least three years of experience in communications and/or digital marketing? Passionate about the future of freelancing and advocating for independent workers? We're hiring a Content Strategist who can grow our audience, build our online community, and drive the national conversation on the issues facing freelance workers–and the solutions independent workers need to thrive.
How to apply
This is a full-time position offering competitive pay and a generous benefits package, including health and a 401(k) plan. To apply, please email your resume, cover letter, two writing samples, and relevant social media links to email@example.com.
Want to know more? Check out the full position description below:
Freelancers Union is an innovative nonprofit representing over 375,000 independent workers across the United States. We support our members with advocacy and education, including the landmark Freelance Isn’t Free law, the first-of-its-kind Freelancers Hub, community-based local SPARK meetups, and the #1 blog for freelancers in the country.
We’re looking for a Content Strategist who can develop online community and communications strategies that deliver excellent content and drive a national conversation on the challenges facing freelancers.
Your responsibilities would include managing Freelancers Union’s communications calendar, sourcing community content, writing and copyediting business communications and blog posts, posting engaging social media content, and reporting on growth and engagement metrics.
You should be well-organized, extremely detail-oriented, and able to translate the mission and values of Freelancers Union into effective member communications.
- Manage the #1 blog for freelancers, with over 2 million annual views, including soliciting and editing member submissions
- Identify new content areas and digital strategies to build member engagement and improve member resources
- Write social media copy, emails, blog posts, and newsletters
- Work with volunteer leaders to manage and grow the SPARK program
- Develop and implement social campaigns to build union membership and grow member initiatives while meeting strategic growth targets
- Manage content partnerships and report on campaign performance
- Analyze website and social analytics, reporting weekly to provide insights and measure results against strategic goals
- 3+ years experience in content strategy, communications, social media, and/or content marketing
- Excellent written communication and copyediting skills
- Creative thinker and writer, with punchy and engaging tone
- Deep knowledge of social media platforms and the ability to stay on top of new platforms and social media trends
- Outstanding analytical skills, with the ability to synthesize metrics and feedback to drive communications and engagement strategy
- Strong project management skills and ability to move projects forward independently