Freelancers Union is seeking a part-time freelance Blog and Social Media Strategist to support member communications and community growth.
Freelancers Union is a national nonprofit representing 360,000 independent workers - from graphic designers, yoga teachers, and journalists to CPAs, and dog walkers. We support our members with advocacy, education, and access to health insurance and other needed benefits.
We’re looking for a talented and experienced freelance Blog and Social Media Strategist who understands our mission and our members to manage the growth of the leading blog for freelancers.
The ideal candidate will be able to drive membership growth and engagement, edit submissions from our community, and produce excellent community content. You’ll play a vital role in implementing Freelancers Union’s member organizing strategy, developing creative social engagement strategies to promote advocacy campaigns, member resources, and benefits.
- Work 15 hrs/week as Blog and Social Media Strategist, (telecommuting is ok)
- Develop and implement social campaigns to build union membership and grow member initiatives, meeting strategic growth targets
- Manage community blog of over 300 contributors and 2 million annual views, soliciting and editing member submissions
- Write social media copy, emails, and blog posts
- Identify new content areas and digital strategies to build member engagement and improve member resources
- Analyze website and social analytics, reporting weekly to provide insights and measure results against strategic goals
- 3+ years experience in communications, social media, and/or content marketing
- Excellent written communications skills, with excellent copy editing / proofreading skills
- Creative thinker and writer, with punchy and engaging tone
- Deep knowledge of social media platforms, stays on top of technology updates and social media trends
- Must be able to write fluently about labor and policy issues affecting freelancers, with a nuanced political voice
- Outstanding analytical skills, with ability to synthesize metrics and feedback to drive communications and engagement strategy
- Strong project management skills and ability to move forward projects independently
- Strongly prefer candidates with experience political, labor, or other campaign-driven organization
Please email your resume, cover letter, and relevant social media links to firstname.lastname@example.org.