Freelancers face a wide range of unique legal challenges, including nonpayment, contract negotiation, and intellectual property disputes.
That’s why we launched Freelancers Guild -- a lawyer-run, invitation-only group of independent legal professionals who are committed to protecting the rights and interests of their fellow freelancers.
As a Guild member, you will reach new clients via our 350,000+ members, strengthen your reputation as an expert on freelance issues, and take advantage of marketing channels made possible through the Guild’s collective action.
Here are some of the benefits of membership:
- Listing in Freelancers Union’s app and website
Peer-to-peer referral network among Guild members
- Marketing opportunities: webinars, events, blog posts, online resources
Media exposure for work with the Guild
- Professional connections with like-minded lawyers
As a member, you’ll be responsible for:
- Providing up-to-date information about your services for freelancers
- Responding to freelancer inquiries within 2 business days
- Teaching at least one freelancer workshop annually
- Attending Guild meetings and offer feedback as needed
- Providing bi-annual reporting on client acquisition
Annual membership dues are $350.
Interested? Please submit an application below!
(Please note we’ll need a current headshot, resume, and proof of liability insurance, so collect those before you begin the application.)
Questions? Feedback? Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org!