Are you looking for an opportunity to share your expertise and help other freelancers?
Well, you’ve come to the right place!
Our blog is one of the most important resources for freelancers on the internet, and we have our 250,000 members to thank for that. They’re pooling their collective knowledge, sharing best practices, and offering advice that empowers independent workers across the nation on a daily basis.
Want your voice heard by a quarter of a million members nationwide?
Click here to contribute your freelance expertise, story, or advice.
Your posts will include your name and bio and reach nearly a quarter of a million people when they’re included in our weekly newsletter. And the content you write for Freelancers Union is 100% yours – you fully own the work and can publish it wherever you want.
Check out some recent community posts we think are great:
5 tips for telling your story to potential clients
The simple but brilliant solution to your career crisis
5 steps to transition into freelancing (without taking a income hit)
A few things to keep in mind when you contribute:
1. We love hearing about: practical info for freelancers, helpful business tips, and career advice for both beginning and veteran freelancers. We also invite submissions on special interest topics like art, creativity, and health and wellness.
2. Say something new!
We’ve got a wealth of posts on the Freelancers Union blog. There are certainly ways to write about the same thing twice. But before submitting, check out our archives to get a feel for our previous posts, and our house style.
Unfortunately, we’re not able to publish every post that’s submitted.
We’ve got lots of advice on writing/editing gigs, but we’d love to hear from freelancers from all industries: developers, designers, lawyers, small business owners, life coaches, crafters, Uber drivers, and more!
3. What makes a great blog post? Here are a few tips:
- We love it when you relate something to your personal experience, but remember: this isn’t your diary!
- Practical advice is our number-one goal. Inspirational content is great, but our members want to come away with information that they can use to help their creativity and their careers.
- List or bullets are great, if you feel they make your content more clear and concise.
Read the full guidelines for community posts, and submit your blog here!