Freelancing 101: 6 things no one tells you about getting started
Are you thinking about going freelance? Everyone knows that taxes are challenging - but what’s the real secret to having a successful freelance career? Is there a trick to finding the right clients? Or combating isolation?
Do any of these questions sound familiar?
Next Monday from 4-5pm EST, Freelancers Union and our partners at General Assembly will be hosting a live webinar in conversation with our freelance expert, Marc Scheff - an artist, art director, educator, and entrepreneur based out of Brooklyn, NY (he’s also very active on Hives).
We’re calling the event, “Freelancing 101: 6 Things No One Tells You About Getting Started”.
We’ll kick it off by discussing a few topics that we’ve heard from you. You’ll learn how to:
- Identify your brand, assess your strengths, and optimize your portfolio
- Understand your client base and obtain your first clients
- Decide what to charge and how to handle your money
- Market yourself and effectively network
- Follow your passion and stay sane doing it
From there, we’ll be giving you an opportunity to ask those burning questions in a live Q&A with Marc.
So what are you waiting for?