It’s unconscionable – and we can change it today.
We have three weeks left to make New York the first state to ensure all freelancers can collect the money they’re owed.
*Call NY Senate Majority Leader Dean Skelos TODAY and tell him to pass the Freelancer Payment Protection Act (Senate Bill 4129). *
Senator Skelos, 516.766.8383
Senator Skelos has the power to help freelancers by bringing the bill to a vote in the State Senate before the legislative session closes at the end of the month. The more phone calls he receives, the harder it will be for him to ignore the power of freelancers.
Once this legislation is passed in New York, it will serve as model legislation nationwide.
I’ve provided some talking points below. Please make the call today – time is running out.
- Could I speak with the Senator’s Constituent Services Staff?
- I’m calling in support of Senate Bill 4129. This bill would provide self-employed people like me the same wage protections that New York has provided to employees for decades, by allowing us to go to the Department of Labor when clients don’t pay.
- Client nonpayment is a huge issue, costing New York State’s self-employed $4.7 billion in 2009 alone.
- And, it’s not just costly to the individual but also to the state, which loses as much as $323 million annually in tax revenue due to this problem.
- Can we count on Senator Skelos’ support in passing this bill?
Learn from the stories of your fellow freelancers. Please check out:
- Our collection of true life stories from freelancers who have dealt with unpaid wages
- Our free, customizable Contract Creator that you can use to set standards at the start of every gig
- Our Client Scorecard so you can check a company’s track record
And, most important:
Don’t wait! Call NY Senate Majority Leader Dean Skelos now and tell him to pass the Freelancer Payment Protection Act (Senate Bill 4129).
Call now: Senator Skelos, 516.766.8383