Are you thinking about going freelance? Everyone knows that taxes are challenging - but what’s the real secret to having a successful freelance career? Is there a trick to finding the right clients? Or combating isolation?
Last week, we partnered with General Assembly and freelance professional Marc Scheff for a special webinar called “Freelancing 101: 6 Things No One Tells You About Getting Started”.
We covered a variety of topics:
- Identify your brand, assess your strengths, and optimize your portfolio
- Understand your client base and obtain your first clients
- Decide what to charge and how to handle your money
- Market yourself and effectively network
- Follow your passion and stay sane doing it