Freelancers Medical is our no-copay primary care practice in Brooklyn and Manhattan. It’s 360-degree care for freelancers -- with free primary care, acupuncture, yoga, meditation, all backed by a full health team of doctors, nurses, and health coaches.
Freelancers Medical is free when you enroll in certain health insurance plans through Freelancers Union. Learn more and see all our Freelancers Medical-eligible plans!
Here are some important features to know about Freelancers Medical:
1. Free, unlimited primary care! No copay for wellness visits, women’s health, family care, and classes.
2. Conveniently located. Our practice in downtown Brooklyn is three blocks from the A, C, F, R , 2, 3, 4 and 5 trains. And our location in lower Manhattan is three blocks from the 2, 3, 4, 5, J, Z, A, C, E, and R trains.
3. Wake up feeling under the weather, or worse? No worries: Freelancers Medical offers same-day sick appointments.
4. Freelancers Medical cares about your family, too, offering pediatric care. If you enroll, your children will be matched with a family care doctor who will become their regular physician. (Just note: If you enroll in Freelancers Medical with your child as a dependent, your child must go to the Freelancers Medical practice and cannot go to an outside pediatrician.)
5. No matter where you go, no matter what time it is, know that you can get in touch with a doctor *or nurse via Skype, phone, or email. Yes, *24/7.
6. Wellness is about more than just physical health. Freelancers Medical offers anxiety support groups and stress management classes, as well as group psychoeducation.
7. Our plans require a referral to see specialists, but your doctor at Freelancers Medical can make it easy with over-the-phone or over-email referrals in most cases. No paperwork necessary!
8. We’ve got a wealth of wellness services, including free, drop-in acupuncture, yoga, meditation, tai chi, and creativity workshops.
9. The practices are set up to fit your life, with iPads in the waiting room, wifi, and comfy, airy common spaces so you can get work done while you wait.
10. Everybody is paired with a health coach for one on one, personalized health and wellness counseling.
11. Unfortunately, Freelancers Medical insurance plans are not eligible for subsidies this year, but we hope to have that happen next year.
To find out more about Freelancers Medical and what it can do for you, click here.
A quick tour of the practice:
Freelancers Medical is a not a health care provider. All health services provided by Collective Primary Care.