The DIY Business Association—a new organization that educates and connects freelancers, artists, and creative small businesses—kicks off with its first event on June 26 at DUMBO Loft and Etsy Labs. The one-day event will bring together freelance communicators, musicians, innovators of art and craft, Internet and tech gurus, and business and service providers for a day of inspiration, information, and networking. The Brooklyn conference features 30 speakers, including:
- (our very own) Althea Erickson, Freelancers Union Advocacy and Policy Director
- Dean Haspiel, Illustrator for HBO’s Bored To Death
- Andrew Wagner, ReadyMade Editor-in-Chief
- Grace Bonney, Design*Sponge Founder and Editor-in-Chief
- Susan Gregg Koger, Modcloth.com Chief Creative Officer
- Evie Nagy, Managing Editor of Rollingstone.com
If you register by the morning of June 19, you’ll get the opportunity to enter a $1,000 “Best Idea” grant contest, from Splashlife.com and receive a $26 discount by entering "freelancersunion" during the final step of registration. So, don't delay!